Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally!

Where to begin? I intended to start this 2 months ago, but I've been so busy that I haven't gotten around to it. Hey..... somebody's got to bark at the cat in the hallway, and the freshly tilled dirt in the garden isn't going to sniff itself!

So, on September 1, we moved from New York to Versailles. Here's my last weekend in New York:

Me with my friend Soufi.

I make a fantastic pillow when I'm still. The ladies love it.

Kickin' it in the park.

fyi, the signs say "Spare some cheddar for some poor white crackers" and "Parents eaten by pigeons. Need money for BB guns." This dog made me feel lucky.

Saying goodbye to the NYC.

And here's me boarding the plane, in case there are any naysayers (or neigh-sayers, if I have any horses as readers) out there who don't believe an Irish Setter adopted from rural Missouri can move on up in this world.


Exhausting. Totally exhausting. I don't know how people do this travel thing. Nobody even offered me peanuts, and I was in my crate for 15 hours! Thank goodness the new place had a fluffy bed for me. Where will everyone else sleep?

Now THIS is the life.

so. sleepy.

I wasn't really consulted about this move, but here we are, and I must say, it was a pretty good decision. This place is amazing.... La pièce d'eau des Suisses is definitely the best dog park ever.

Tres, tres rapide. You see nothing but a blur!

A dog could get used to this.

Okay, that's all for now. It's exhausting typing all of this without thumbs, and I want to make sure I don't tell too much so that you'll keep reading.

Many questions remain: Will I be allowed in the Chateau, or just the gardens? Who is the strange dog in this photo with me? Do Carla Bruni's toes smell as good as they look like they do? Okay, the answer to the last question is yes, but I promised her I wouldn't go into any details. Anyway, there's lots to tell about life in Versailles, so stay tuned....

Woof and love.

No comments: